Goring United Reformed Church

Information

 Title-TheChronicle Information Page
Issue of the first Chronicle magazine

At a meeting of the Committee of Management on the 17th April 1944 the Secretary, Mr A J Rule raised the question as to the issue of a ‘News  Sheet’ on alternate months to Shelley Road’s “Outlook” magazine.

NB. Shelley Road was the Congregational Church in central Worthing.

The meeting asked Mr Rule to undertake the work of its preparation and publishing.

At the following meeting in July of that year he reported that 150 copies of the 1st number of the Elm ‘Grove Chronicle’ had been issued at a cost of 18/6 (92½p).  It was decided not to make a charge.


Previous Editors

May 1944 – Dec 1953
Jan 1954 – July 1959
Aug 1959 – Jun 1963
July 1963 – July 1968
Sep 1968 – Dec 1973
Charles H Cornwall
Arthur E Pearn
Miss Ethel Gilby
Stanley E West
Miss Doris M Walsh
Jan 1974 – Dec 1985
Jan 1986 – Apr 1988
May 1988 – Feb 1989
Mar 1989 – May 1998
Jun 1998 – Present day
Mrs Barbara Popplestone
Mr Eric W Popplestone
No magazines
Leslie Montford
Graham Redman
Past Ministers

1940-1942
1942-1947
1950-1953
1953-1963
1964-1974
1974-1991
Rev Morris Bold
Rev F J H Humphrey
Rev H Springbet
Rev Cyril C Franks
Rev Wallace Hayward
Rev William Connelly
1991-1993
1993-2000
1999-20052000 –
Interregnum
Rev Peter Heckells
Team Ministry: Revs Peter Heckells, Norman Croft, Margaret Ashby
Rev Andrew Sellwood

Copyright © 2013 ‘The CHRONICLE” Goring United Reformed Church – All Rights Reserved

Editor :
Graham Redman
Ash Lea Cottage, 5 Salvington Hill
Worthing, West Sussex. BN13 3AT
Phone: 01903 600260
Return to Chronicle Main Page